Thursday 26 June 2008

Higher stakes, lower skills

Today I played the $11.5k guarantee on Full Tilt with my lone token I had saved. I had foolishly assumed the play would be better than I was used to, but after I lost 1/3 of my stack to a guy who called a raise pre-flop with 10-2s and lost almost all the rest of the chips when my KK got limp/re-raised all-in from someone with 88 and he made quads (rest of my chips went next hand when my A7 lost to A6, obviously). All my good correct folds were followed by flops that hit my freshly mucked hand full in the face, and everyone else's bad calls were rewarded. It's just horrible. And what is even worse is that I am whining about it, which I hate doing because I know I shouldn't care; it happens to everybody and I am not being especially unlucky, and frankly it must be dull to read about. But when every tournament the last week+ has been this way, what else can I write here? If anyone was reading this blog, I really wouldn't blame them for not bothering any more given recent post quality.

No comments: