Saturday 12 July 2008

Tilt is dead

Seriously, Full Tilt isn't rigged. But it sure feels like it lately. Two more all-ins that I lost from ahead today (first time I've felt up to the anal raping of poker recently) and I need a change of scene. So I've finally made a deposit on Pokerstars... I've given myself a roll of just over $400 on there to begin with, and am about to cash out the remaining ~$630 of my Full Tilt roll back to my credit card and wash my hands of the site, in the short term at least. Maybe I will use my Player Points to order something from the site as well... I was trying to save them for something half decent, but I guess I can probably get a cap or some sunglasses or something cheap and cheerful from them.

So I'm looking forward to the change of scenery. Having said that, my first impression of Pokerstars skin is that it couldn't be any worse... there's a weird clicking sound constantly going on, and the colours are just puke-worthy. But then I remember feeling that way about most interfaces I have used when I first began on other sites, so I'll grin and bear it and eventually not even notice it any more I'm sure.

Since I signed up under the name "RonaldRais'n" (with an avatar of Ronald Reagan looking gormless), then I guess that means I am no longer TheAlbinoKid. That does sadden me actually, I like the way that name straddles the grey area between sounding cool and sounding stupid... but I wanted a comedy President-related name for some reason when I signed up at Stars a while back (I've had an account a few months but never deposited). George W Flush was taken though, and Theodore Raisevelt was too long, so I ended up with something a bit crappy that sounded good at the time, and really wish I had just stuck with TheAlbinoKid... but a fresh start is a fresh start, right?

No comments: